As the vehicle approached the house, officers opened fire, unloading a barrage of bullets into the back of the truck. When the shooting stopped, they quickly realized their mistake. The truck was not a Nissan Titan, but a Toyota Tacoma. The color wasn’t gray, but aqua blue. And it wasnt Dorner inside the truck, but a woman and her mother delivering copies of the Los Angeles Times.
I speculate the Ex-cop Dorner is on a vengeance track because he got singled out for things his fellow officers were also participating in. They probably didn’t get disciplined at all and sold him out. Doesn’t excuse his current actions but they say revenge is best served cold! And we all know LAPD has a history of corruption and knee jerk reactions to EVERY situation they encounter. But when they put on that badge and gun and swear to protect and serve, they swear to give their life in the line of duty and they shouldn’t EVER say they feared for their life…take off the gun and badge if you are that scared for your life!! Get another job! In my UN-HUMBLE OPINION, the majority of police forces across the country have lost sight of what the job is about. Yes, it is about law and order but it is mainly about keeping the peace and public safety. The badge isn’t supposed to be used to lord it over the populous with fear and intimidation! The citizens of the United States of America shouldn’t have to fear for their safety from the police! All the damage done to the surrounding homes and cars is ridiculous! Not only did these women suffer, but the neighborhood suffered and people could have been killed by all the bullets hitting their homes and cars. This ISN’T A CLINT EASTWOOD MOVIE AND NONE OF THESE OFFICERS ARE DIRTY HARRY! The standards MUST be changed and law enforcement needs to clear their minds of this “shoot first, ask questions later” mentality.
I can count on one hand all the good encounters with law enforcement and the bad ones…well I don’t have enough body parts to count on! I feel for those ladies in L.A.. I will pray for their spirits to be healed. I will also pray LAPD doesn’t try to call this a justified shooting because clearly it is not! I hope they find Mr. Dorner and soon before more “mistaken identity” cases pop up!
- Details emerge in LAPD’s mistaken shooting of newspaper carriers – Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)
- Two More Mistakenly Shot During Frantic LAPD Manhunt [W/ VIDEO] (secretsofthefed.com)
- lapd (hollywoodlog.typepad.com)
- Dorner manhunt: Lawyer calls shootings of paper carriers ‘unacceptable’ (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- Dorner manhunt: Police fired at carriers without warning, lawyer says (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- Manhunt: Fired LAPD cop suspected of shooting three officers this morning (laobserved.com)
- LAPD Shooting Victims: “There was no warning. There were no orders. No commands. Just gunshots.” (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- Cops Hunting for Ex-LAPD Officer Shoot the Wrong Person. Twice. (thetruthaboutguns.com)